Saturday, January 30, 2010

Resolutions...

Just a quick note, because it's 2:27AM EST. I had a lovely evening out with some of Cul's friends from work. I got to experience all that heavy metal had to offer, even got a steak and cheese sandwich out of it. Mind you, I'm not a heavy drinker, far from it. And tonight was no different. Two beers, neither of which I finished because I still don't really like beer. But both of which were ordered because they were Hunter Thompson beers (Flying Dogs, if you're interested...and really great labels, which is my favorite part).

So yes, I'm getting home late, and yes I have to work with loads of children at 9AM. But that I can deal with. Then the Saab starts acting up. I gave the blessed thing ten minutes to warm up, but still it insists on stalling all the way down 290. So I flip on the warning lights and pray for the best. Clearly, I got home fine.

But all I could think about was having to pull over and wait in the -10 degree weather for AAA to come. Then the world (in my paranoia) pulls a Bill-Cosby's-kid on me, and sends a "good samaritan" who pulls up behind me and proceeds to slaughter me. Now from all the Law & Order I've watched, the ME would have a hard time identifying my time of death because of the cold weather, but on the plus side it would also take me longer to bleed out because the unbelievably cruel New England weather would also slow blood loss.

New Year's resolution: Less Law & Order (sorry Stabler, I love you), and more car maintenence.

No comments: